Tuesday 6 November 2012

Baking stuff!

Well hello

As part of my blog I'm going to be sharing with you recipes that I have acquired over the last few years. I do want to say that apart from when I say its one of my recipes, they are stolen.....from either my wonderful mother, cookbooks or online.
I love watching Sorted videos (check them out) and American Laura Vitale, both available on YouTube. I even used a recipe I found online to make my wedding cupcakes, and they turned out really well (I will share the recipe at some point).

So back to today's recipe......

Banana Muffins - this is a recipe 'borrowed' from my mum. She got these from a weight loss programme and I always make sure I tell people that as an excuse to why i eat a couple at a time :) They don't have any butter in them, which is why I guess they are not too bad for you.....

Ingredients
9oz plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
5 tbsp water
4 tbsp oil
3oz soft brown sugar
3 bananas



1. Mix together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mash up the bananas. Then add in the egg, water, oil and sugar and mix until combined.
3. Gradually mix in the flour and make sure fully combined.
4. Put into cupcake cases and bake for 20 mins in the oven on 175C.



Tips:
1. The best tip I have EVER got, and recommend to all my friends is how to portion a good and similar amount into all your cases - an ice-cream scoop :) so so good!


2. To check that the muffins are done, use a cocktail stick (I didn't have any, so made use of a wooden kebab skewer) and insert into the middle of the muffin. If it comes out clean, they are done. Any cake mix attached, they need a bit more time.

These are so amazing warm, so make sure you have a good 'test' when they are done :)


I hope you give this a go and enjoy :)

toodle pip!

Beka x

No comments:

Post a Comment