Sunday 18 November 2012

Chicken risotto

Well hello

I always considered myself quite a good cook. Well, I am good at the things I do all the time, and I never really tried anything new. So when I saw a recipe for risotto, I thought I'd give it go. I has always thought that risotto takes a lot of effort and time to do, but as it turned out, it wasn't too bad, and Mike and I both really enjoyed it. So today, I am going to share with you my recipe for chicken risotto.

Ingredients
1 diced large onion
2 cloves of garlic, diced
2 vegetable stock cubes
2 chicken breasts
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup arborio (risotto) rice
2 tsp fresh parsley



1. Dice the chicken and cook in a frying pan with a dash of olive oil. Once cooked all the way through, put onto a plate with some kitchen roll on and set aside.
2. In the same frying pan, and without cleaning it out, add in the olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook until the onion turns transparent. Whilst this is cooking, crumble the two stock cubes into a saucepan of boiling water and leave on a low heat.

 
3. Add the cup of arborio rice into the frying pan with the onion and garlic. Give it a good stir around to fully mix it all together.
 
 


4. Now, you want to add a ladle of the boiling stock at a time, and only add the next one once the previous stock has been absorbed into the rice. You don't want to completely dry out the rice, but you need to make sure the most of it has gone....like this....


 
 
There isn't a set amount of stock that you need to use, you go on the amount of time, and you need to keep adding the stock for 20 minutes.
 
5. Once the 20 minutes is nearly up, put the chicken into the frying pan, and also add the chopped up parsley.
6. You are now ready to serve :)
 
I forgot to take a picture once I had plated up.....I was to engrossed in eating it! I'll update with a picture when I make it next :)
 
Have you ever made this? or made a different flavour of risotto?
 
toodle pip!
 
Beka x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment