Thursday 8 November 2012

Film time!

Well hello.....

Today my husband and I decided to go to Bluewater and see the new James Bond film 'Skyfall'. We both like action films, and he has always liked the Bond movies.

****Spoiler alert - I don't believe I give anything away about the film in this post, but if you don't want to know anything, please click away now****

From the trailer, I kind of got the idea that Bond dies and then comes back, and that's about it! There was also a bit about someone having something they shouldn't, and obviously it's 007 that needs to get it back.
You have the usual fast paced opening of a chase/fight between some baddy and the hero Bond. Packed with lots of gun shots, modes of transport and punches, it doesn't disappoint. This then leads nicely into the title song 'Skyfall' by Adele which really sets the tone of the film, I really liked it.
So, not to give too much away about the plot, list of the agents that are undercover are stolen by a baddy for the big baddy, and Bond and M are trying to get it back. There is a new Q (so funny) and Ralph Fiennes as a government guy being a pain. The big baddy, 'Silva' is a bit strange, but not without his crazy qualities.
Bond has his usual 'lady friends' including a co-worker, a random tropical lady and the baddie's lady. It gets a bit steamy, but nothing too provocative.

Overall, I really enjoyed the film.
Plot - 4/5
Characters - 4/5
Ending - 3/5

I give Skyfall 4 out of 5.

toodle pip!

Beka x

No comments:

Post a Comment