Monday 26 November 2012

Hair stuff :)

Well hello

Today was a day of being adventurous, not to mention being busy too! My day consisted of lots of meetings/school stuff/shopping and general busy stuff. But i managed to find time to have a little play with my hair :)

A little while ago, I watched a video on YouTube of someone who I love, Louise (Sprinkle of Glitter), and noticed her hair. She had the 'ombre' look, where the ends of the hair are gradually lighter than your natural colour. So I had been looking at stuff online and trying to decide whether it was something I could pull off...... So I was out shopping this morning and stumbled across the L'Oreal Preference Wild Ombre kit. I had seen this advertised on the TV and thought that would be the best way to do it.
 


So, I built myself up to it, made sure I read the instructions properly, and even looking at some reviews of the dye kit online. I went for the darkest shade which was for light to dark brown hair (which I have). I had a couple of hours to spare...... so I went for it!

It was relatively easy to do, separate my hair into two halves, left and right, and then apply the dye using the special comb that came in the box. You are told to put the cream mixture onto the comb, then working from the back, comb it through the hair.



You are told to leave it on for between 25 and 45 minutes depending on how light you want your hair to go. I left mine on for about 35 minutes. You rinse off the excess with hot water, then add the conditioner they give you, and wash it through thoroughly.

 

Not a great photo I know, but I'll update a better one in some natural light! But I am pleased with how it turned out. I have gone from being unsure about doing it, to maybe accidentally buying the next lighter kit on my way home from Bluewater tonight :)

So, I'm really happy with the look, and I think I'll give it a week and maybe go a bit lighter :)

Have you guys tried this kit? If so, what did you think?

toodle pip!

Beka x

No comments:

Post a Comment