Monday 3 December 2012

Mini trees

Well hello

Today, I spent some time making some folded trees, and I have to say, not only are they fun and easy to make, they look cute too :)

You will need some coloured paper, ideally coloured/patterned on both sides, a compass, a ruler, a pencil, scissors and glue.
 
 
 
So you want to start by drawing a circle of 0.5cm diameter (so compass set for 5.25cm) on the paper, then cut this out. Next, you need to cut the circle in half, so i put two edged of the circle together, then just pinch the ends to mark where the middle is. Then join up the creases with a line using the ruler and pencil.
 
 
Then, once you have cut along the line, measure along the straight edge and mark at 3.4cm.
 
 
You then want to fold at the point so the straight edges meet. Make sure it is in line.


Next you want to fold the top layer over on itself (the right hand side in the above picture) and so that the edges meet again.


Then, flip it over and fold the straight side over to meet the other one, fold into place, turn over and you should have something that looks like this....



I then glued each layer to the one below to make them flat. I then folded the paper the opposite way to alternate the layers of paper - as you can see from the pictures, my paper had a white back. So I did this with two different patterns to make 4 styles of trees...


I haven't quite decided what to do with these yet, maybe put them in my front door window, or hang them on the tree, but I just enjoyed making them!

Have you made anything you are proud of recently?

toodle pip!

Beka x

No comments:

Post a Comment