Wednesday 9 January 2013

Going a bit string-crazy...

Well hello.
 
Today I am going to tell you about my recent obsession with covering things in string.....
I believe it started when I saw a post on Pinterest of a bottle covered in string and thought 'I could do that!'. So I decided to give it a go. Then it got tricky.... I could not find any string! I searched craft shops, stationary shops and supermarkets. I had been looking for a few days, then I was getting a few bits in Poundland,  and there it was!! 3 balls of string for £1!!!




So then I got an empty Pringles tube (it was just after Christmas, so there were plenty lying around!) and chopped it in half. I used the bottom section, so that i had a base on it. I then covered about a quarter of it in a thin layer of PVA glue and basically, started wrapping it in the string. As I came towards the end of the glue covered area, I just then glued the next quarter and carried on wrapping. I did it in sections as otherwise the glue would start drying before I got the string to the end. So I ended up making three of these, then I used some coloured thread to add some decoration to them...

 
Then I noticed a champagne bottle on our side from Xmas that we got at our wedding, and, you can guess what I did with it.....

 
 
I do plan to put these up in our lounge once we have painted the walls - we have got the paint today, and I am starting on Friday :) and I love how they look!
 
I would highly recommend trying this. Not only is it quite fun, and a little messy, I think it's a great way to jazz up things, give it a go!
 
toodle pip!
 
Beka x


No comments:

Post a Comment