Monday 11 February 2013

Bourjois Healthy Mix

Well hello

Today's post, as the title says, is about the Healthy Mix Foundation by Bourjois.



I actually bought this foundation around September last year, but it was mainly for me to use for my wedding day, and it's taken me until about now to use it enough times to give my opinion on it!



Now I know that this isn't an expensive foundation, but I did do a lot of research before I purchased it. I scoured YouTube for reviews on it, and went to the shops a few times to test out the colours. So I finally bought it, in shade 53 Beige, along with the Healthy Mix Concealer (separate review to come) and a black kohl pencil, mainly as they had an offer of 3 for 2, and then you got a free pair of Bourjois sunglasses when you did buy three things! Nice one :) The foundation cost me £7.99 from Superdrug - which was £3 off!

I don't really wear foundation that often, but sometimes I feel the need to go the whole hog. My daily make-up consists of using concealer, eyeshadow and mascara. I focus on my eyes, as I think they are my best feature, but also as I am a busy mum of 2, I don't always want to/have the time to apply a full face of make up. So anyway, I loved the smell! It says on the front of the package about the 'Fruit Therapy' in has, which includes apricot, melon, apple and ginger. You get a good mix of these as you apply it, which is much nicer than some of the other foundations I tried. I wasn't looking for a particular heavy foundation, but more light to medium, just to cover any imperfections. But, this foundation you can also build up for better coverage (which I have done for nights out). Another reason I was drawn to this product is that it is supposed to last 16 hours, which is something I wanted on my wedding day. The last thing I wanted to think about was taking time out during the day to re-apply my foundation.

I used my Real Techniques stippling brush to apply this (review of the brushes here) and I can really work it into the skin with this brush. I have dry patches and oil bits on my face, which doesn't help, but it copes with both areas OK. It does seem to emphasise the dry areas more, so I have learnt to fully moisturise those parts before I apply the foundation.

Overall, a good price for a foundation that I use when needed, gives a good coverage, not too much, but is buildable of required, and smells nice, which is definitely nice to have.

Have you tried this foundation out?

toodle pip!

Beka x

No comments:

Post a Comment