Monday 6 May 2013

Confessions of a blogger


Well hello
Today I wanted to share with you my 'Confessions Of A Blogger'. I have seen this on a few blogs now, and though it was a great thing to do now, whilst my blog is pretty new, then I can look back on it in a years time to see what's changed, or what's not!


When did you start this blog?
My first blog post was in November 2012, but I started posting more regularly in February 2013.
Have you had any past online presence before? (Other blog, YouTube)
No, this was my first venture onto the internet!
Why did you start your blog?
I am a stay at home mum of two, and I would spend my days reading blogs and browsing online stores for clothes I couldn’t afford! We moved to an area I wasn’t familiar with a while ago, and I haven’t really made any friends around here, so I thought blogging would be a great way to share my thoughts/ideas with people who may want to listen, and even meet some people.
When did you become serious about starting a blog?
February/March 2013 - We had a busy last few months of 2012, we got married, had both of the kids birthdays, Christmas, New Year, and then, once the kids were settled back at school, we were building up to my husband’s operation. And whilst he was in hospital, I spent every day on the train for a couple of hours, thinking about what I could do with my spare time etc, and I thought I could focus more on my blog.
What was your first post?
It was just a ‘hello’ post about me and my life.
What has been your biggest challenge about blogging?
Actually sitting down to write the posts! I get ideas, but then don’t seem to get the time to sit and do them. Well, more to remind myself to do them! I get so sucked in to reading other blogs, I forget to do my own!
Where do you see your blog in one year?
I want to still be writing about the things I love, but maybe on a bigger scale. I would love for more people to like reading my blog, I’m not focused on getting a certain number of followers, just as long as the people that do follow me, enjoy what I write about. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have 1000 followers, but as long as those reading it like it I’m happy!
What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
Being able to talk to, and sometimes meet, amazing bloggers that I love to read. I really look up to them. They are doing what they love, and with such great style! And there is always someone that can help me or give advice, which is a godsend sometimes!
What is the most discouraging thing that happens to you?
Sometimes it’s me - I have days where I lose faith in my blog and what I write about. But I get so much support from other bloggers, it’s never bed for too long! I also think that sometimes, in the blogging community, there are haters who hate just for the sake of it. I’m lucky enough to have not had any issues, but I know it is something that most bloggers come across at some point. But again, there is always so much support between the majority of bloggers I know.
What's your lasting inspiration or motivation?
The blogs that I read. I am always trying to keep up to date with reading the blogs that I follow, and I spend way too much time doing so! I strive to be anywhere near how amazing they and their blogs are. They are truly inspirational women.

No comments:

Post a Comment