Friday 28 June 2013

Five Question Friday - Kaye

Well hello
 
This week on Five Question Friday, I got to ask some questions to the lovely Kaye @ Polished Curves


1. What 5 essential items would you pack for a holiday?
1. Sun cream in high factor 25 or 30, even though I'm dark haired I am pale skinned and I burn if I don't take care in the sun. 
2. Palmers Anti Aging Smoothing Lotion, I use this lotion instead of aftersun. It contains Alpha and Beta Hydroxy acids that encourges removal of dead skin cells as well as being moisturising. I've found it helps take the sting out of any sun burn I do get. I have used this for years and it even helps to prevent ingrown hairs after shaving or epilation


3. Body scrub, I like The Sanctury Sugar scrub, or Soap and Glory Scrub Of Your Life. I use body scrub to help to keep my tan looking fresh. People tend think using scrub would remove a tan but that's not the case it keeps your tan looking glowy, but remember to moisturise afterwards too.


4. Sunglasses, my eyes are blue and they can be very sensitive to the light, even on dull days. The sensitivity is getting worse as I get older too!
5. A good book. I've heard of people reading 3-4 books in a week on holiday. That's not me. I read while on holiday and I can get through maybe 2 books a week. Going on holiday is probably the only time that I make an effort to read a book. And I always take books not I don't own an e-reader or kindle. I'm old fashioned and still love the feel of a book in my hands!

2. What is your favourite accessory?
Oh, this is a tough one for me. I love accessories. I think it depends what time of year it is, in winter I love scarves and summer I wear jewellery like big necklaces. I've just started to wear dangly earrings again, I've worried for years that they make my ears stick out!

3. Flats of heels?
I wish I could say heels, I really do. I have loads of heels tucked away in boxes but I can't wear them because they hurt my feet. When I was younger I would have just worn them and gone out but now I can't stand the pain, and I plan my outfits around flats if I'm going out. So it's flats all the way for me. Unless I know I can sit down at regular intervals! 

4. What is your favourite clothing shop?
Lately I think it's New Look. I'm very fortunate that I can shop between New Look's straight size range and their Plus Size range Inspire. It's not very often that I go into New Look and come out empty handed! I love their accessories too, they're reasonably priced, and it's a great way to add your personality to an outfit.


5. What would be your ideal way to spend a girly night in with a friend?
Would you be shocked if I said I've never done this? 
I don't have a lot of friends, and the ones I do have are as busy with family and kids as I am. Any free time I have I tend to spent it with my Hubby! But if I did do a girly night in, I think it would involve wine, food and a good gossip! 
 
A massive thank you to Kaye for answering my questions :) And I'll come round for an evening! I love wine, food and a good gossip! If you haven't checked out Kaye's blog, please do as I love her posts, especially her OOTD's and nail posts :) Find her at Polished Curves.

toodle pip!

Beka x

No comments:

Post a Comment