Sunday 7 July 2013

Hot Hot Weekend!

Well hello

Wow it has been hot this weekend! Now, don't get me wrong, I like the sun, but it has been unbearable! So hot and humid! But, even though the temperature was around 26-30 degrees all weekend, we did mange to get out and do some fun things :)


Shirt - George @ Asda
Shorts - FF @ Sainsburys

Dress - George @ Asda
Shrug - George @ Asda
Flip flops - Primark - but personalised by me :)

On Saturday, Mike and I headed into London for a preview event for Dea London's Autumn/Winter 2013 collection. The venue was the rooftop of their studio in Dalston and, oh my, was it hot! I met some lovely bloggers I have been dying to meet - you know who you are! - got very sun burnt, and managed to win myself a custom made coat from the new collection! 

Lovely ladies - Carmen, Becky, Me, Kim, Emma

Enjoying the catwalk show

My prize - Me with designer Jelena Fehmi

The coat from Dea London's AW13 collection I am getting

After the event, we all gathered for some lunch, before all heading off home. It was lovely to chat to these ladies, and I can't wait to see them again soon!

Being a tourist on London Bridge!

Then on Sunday, the four of us headed down for the church service, but this week, instead of being in St Martin's Church as usual, we had a wonderful outdoor service at Eynsford Castle. 


It is an English Heritage site that sits right behind the main high street. I have to say, it was my first time visiting the ruins, and it was beautiful! The children loved exploring the ruins and had fun with some of the other children there. 





It was interesting as it was a 'Together Service' which brought together the 3 different church groups from the village, so we had a mixture of things going on. The best bit, by far, was the story that Rev. Gary told, and then it was acted out by puppets for the children to listen to! The song was brilliant and Mike and I were singing it all day!


But I think the highlight of the weekend for me was getting my gorgeous baby back from my parents on Sunday afternoon :)


As we knew we were going to be out most of the day on Saturday, we didn't want to leave Lulu at home in the heat on her own, so on Friday, after she had been poochied at the groomers, I dropped her off at my mum and dad's. We all missed her so much, and it wasn't long before she was making herself comfy laying on Mike whilst we watched the tennis. And on that note.......Well done Andy Murray!! We were so happy when he won! That last game was so scary!! It seemed to go on for ages.... But he did it!

Hope you all had a great weekend :)

toodle pip!

Beka x

No comments:

Post a Comment