Wednesday 15 January 2014

Christmas homeware

I got a few lovely homeware presents for Christmas from Mike and my family, and I wanted to share them with you. The first present I got was a lovely set from Next consisting of a vanilla scented candle and a matching reed diffuser. I'm a sucker for vanilla!


I couldn't wait to get these open and try them out! And they did not disappoint. They give such a lovely vanilla scent, and look pretty too. The candle claims to burn up to 30 hours which is pretty normal for candles, and is in a nice thick glass votive. The reed diffuser has a strong smell, and good sized reeds which diffuse the scent really well.


 Up next is some canvas prints I chose from Homebase a few days before Christmas. They were having a sale on their homewares, and we were looking for a present for one of Mike's family and these really caught my eye. I love art like this, and hearts are so lovely. So, as you can see, it is a set of 3 prints, and was half price, reduced from £14.99 to £7.99. They measure 20 x 20cm and I can't wait to put them up! I am going to decorate my dining room before I do, so watch this space!


This is one of two lovely gifts we got from my brother and his wife. We were really excited about trying this! It is from Rubis and is called Chocolate-Velvet-Ruby. It is chocolate flavoured fortified wine which is infused with luxurious chocolate essence. The port also comes with two gorgeous wine glasses which are the perfect size for port. 


The second present we received from my brother and sister-in-law was this cute little jar with some amazing bits inside...


This is a jar containing the ingredients to make a 'Dotty Road Baking Mix' which is like a rocky road style chocolate bar. The kit includes dark chocolate, marshmallows, rice krispies and raisins. All you need to add is some butter and golden syrup, and you can make 12 bars of Dotty Road.....I'm so looking forward to using this after our little healthy eating is over. This mix is from a company called the Dotty Bakers from a Suffolk based company, who also do a large range of other mixes and products. Check out their website here.


No comments:

Post a Comment