Tuesday 7 October 2014

Partying the Night Away

Last weekend, Mike and I went to a 40th birthday party for one of my mum friends at the school. It was at a golf club just up the road from us, and we were lucky enough to get a lift from one of my friends, so we could let go and have some drinks and make the most of a child free night!
 
I had picked up a skirt in the Evans Sale a few days before that I had tried on just after my birthday. It had been reduced from £48 to £25 and I just had to get it!
 
 
I didn't manage to get a proper OOTD shot before we got picked up, so here I am, after a few drink and hot from dancing! When I picked up the skirt, I realised I didn't really have a top to wear it with, and after a quick look through the Scarlett and Jo Sale rail, I found a lovely black top reduced to £12. I popped in the changing rooms and tried them on together. Couldn't have been happier. For the party, I just teamed them with some black leggings and my flats as I knew we would be doing a lot of dancing!
 
The skirt is a midi skirt, but I decided to wear it with the top to make it look more like a skater dress, as I prefer how that looks on me. I loved the netting underneath that gave it a poofy prom dress look. And the elasticated waist came in really handy for how I wanted to wear it.
 
We had a great night with friends, some props on sticks and lots of dancing! The cake was so pretty and made by my friend Aimi - in the mint green dress.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment